English Tuition for Secondary School Students
Key Stage 3 & 4 English lessons
English is one of the most important subjects at school. Our qualified teachers have the expertise to ensure that your child can achieve the English results they deserve. We have experienced English tutors who are familiar with the National Curriculum and who will provide stimulating and engaging English tuition.
Key Stage 3 English
At Key Stage 3 we will help our students to develop their skills in both reading and writing.
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG)
- Vocabulary development
- Non-fiction writing including persuasion, arguments, discussion and letter writing
- Fiction including creative narrative and descriptive writing
- Techniques to improve accuracy and fluency
- Help students develop a love of reading
- Introduce a wide range of genres, both fiction and non-fiction
- Teach students about literary devices such as figurative language, characterization and structure
- Help students to evaluate, critically analyse and compare texts
- Check comprehension and that students are reading for meaning
Key Stage 4 – GCSE English
At Key Stage 4 students can study GCSE English and GCSE English Literature.
Our experienced English tutors will equip students with the skills they need to tackle their GCSE English and GCSE English Literature exams. We have helped prepare students for AQA, WJEC, Edexcel exam boards and those taking the iGCSE exam.
Building on the skills learnt in Key Stage 3 we will help students to refine their knowledge and apply it to their GCSE exams and controlled assessments. In English Language sessions our pupils practice past papers, essay writing and exam techniques. We also continue to help them improve their reading, spelling, vocabulary and grammar.
In English Literature we provide text-specific help, so whether a student is studying Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls or Romeo and Juliet we will help them identify the themes, analyse the characters and know the plot inside out.
Whether your child is studying the poems of Carol Ann Duffy, Christina Rossetti or Shakespeare’s sonnets, our English tutors will explain techniques such as metaphor and personification, iambic pentameter, hyperbole and juxtaposition so that your child can go into their exam fully prepared and confident.
Call us now to discuss your child’s individual requirements.
How to find us
Pinner Tuition Centre is located on the corner of Cannon Lane and Whittington Way, a 15 minute walk from Pinner Underground Station with H11 and H12 bus stops nearby. The entrance can be found between the Post Office and the beauticians. Free roadside parking available in Cannon Lane.